The Mars Agency is an award-winning, independently owned global commerce marketing practice with a growth-for-clients focus. With talent spanning the Americas, Europe and Asia, we create breakthrough, connected commerce solutions by balancing the smartest humanity with the latest technology. The agency’s latest MarTech platform, Marilyn®, is the industry's first and only end-to-end commerce advisor.We’re looking for a US-based Junior Art Director to work remotely on developing shopper marketing campaigns for a major CPG client.Please include your portfolio link in your application; candidates without portfolios will not be considered.
Candidates must reside in a commutable distance to one of The Mars Agency's hub locations: Detroit, Chicago, Cincinnati, New York, Denver, Minneapolis, Bentonville, Dallas, Seattle or Nashville.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with account and creative teams to develop concepts that meet predetermined objectives and strategies
- Develop an understanding of the Shopper Marketing discipline
- Assist team in all aspects of creative execution, from initial concepts through production phase
- Engage in new business presentations and spec work for potential clients
- All other duties as assigned by Associate Creative Director
What You Bring To Us:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic arts or related field
- Minimum of 1 year of marketing or advertising internship experience, preferably agency experience in shopper marketing or retailer promotions
- Proficiency in applicable Mac software programs, including Adobe Creative Suite
- A well-rounded portfolio of conceptual work, with strong design, color balance, photography, logo and typography skills
- Self-starter personality with enthusiastic, “can do” attitude in accepting work/new challenges
- Effective interpersonal skills, working well across functions
- Conscientious work ethic
- High level of organization, attention to detail and innovation
The Mars Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, ancestry, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or handicap, HIV, veteran, marital or family status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable state and/or federal laws, except where a bonafide occupational qualification applies.The Mars Agency has developed a wide variety of inclusive benefit plans and policies that address and promote the needs of all employees and their family members, including comprehensive group health plans, a parental leave program that includes paid maternity and paternity benefits for pregnancy, adoption and surrogacy, flexible paid time off, a broad and confidential employee assistance program, ongoing wellness support initiatives, trusted financial health advice and guidance, promotion of education through tuition support and assistance, and a flexible and supportive work environment and culture.