As a medior Producer you will lead client engagements from kickoff to go-live and be responsible for the overall realization of the project. You are able to understand a challenge, and in close collaboration with our Creative, Design, Technology and other cross-disciplined teams, will create and deliver elevated experiences. You will work both strategically and in a hands-on capacity and will have the opportunity to explore and a lead a team to design new terrains and spatial experiences.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: our studio is high autonomy and low control so you will need to be able to thrive with little direction
- Someone who enjoys working in dynamic and agile environments
- An open character, curious and able to create original work
- In-depth interest and passion for new and established technologies and how they can apply to our lives
- Confident in understanding and helping define business strategies, user research, and market context
- Work with clients to clarify project requirements and manage expectations
- Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and ensure all deliverables are of the highest quality
- Assist internal senior team leads at Random as needed
- Identify how to deliver the best solution without jeopardizing schedule or budget
- Identify and resource key internal and external teams. A typical project may require the following capabilities: spatial design, architecture, light and sound design, mechanical engineering, 3D animation, generative development, videography and editing
- Manage and evolve relationships with 3rd party specialist, including fabricators, architects, user research parties, data teams, etc.
- Lead internal and external meetings, ensuring that stated objectives are met and actionable next steps are communicated
- Where appropriate, identify opportunities within project/clients that might extend the budget or scope of project
- Develop Scopes of Work (SOWs), SLAs, and/or Retainers as well as negotiate rates with freelancers and 3rd party vendors
- Clearly track and forecast financials against progress to ensure project health
- Travel as needed for site surveys, production check ins, and installation throughout a project lifecycle
- 3-5 years’ experience as a producer or account/project manager, or directly related experience working on installations, product, or platform teams
- Strong knowledge of account and project management principles, methods and governance techniques, with comfort in a technical environment
- Knowledge of how to define/scope large engagements and develop project plans
- Confidence navigating, interacting, and presenting to both junior and senior level clients (in-person, vc, email)
- Understanding and experience utilizing agile and waterfall methodologies
- Global network of freelance spatial designers, creatives, fabricators, production houses a plus
- Flexibility to occasionally travel globally and for working late nights, early mornings, and/or weekends during peak project times
- Fluent written and spoken English language skills
Who we are
Random is an independent experience design studio. We focus on brand and service experiences that trigger a sense of wonder. Our work comes to life in the space where the digital meets the physical. We are artists, designers and engineers who follow a research-led approach, exploring new connections between people and brands.
What we offer
Our culture fosters an open, curious and creative mindset, relentlessly looking for the new. We encourage autonomy and authenticity to help you shape your own role. We are not bound to a studio signature. The people are the studio.
We offer a business that is run with a sustainable mindset where as we evaluate our impact and commit to approaches to offset wherever possible. We serve daily chef prepared vegetarian lunches, as well as offer an open environment filled with light and plants. We empower and enable the team by providing hardware and software of your choice and have a commitment to employee growth/development with education/conference budgets.