About Studio Malagón:
Studio Malagón is a visual design and branding studio, driven by ideas and experiences that inspire. We craft design solutions to create moments of connection between our clients and their audiences. Based in Austin with collaborators across the United States, we embrace the flexibility and innovation that comes with remote work.
We've partnered with an enterprise software company to unify their diverse learning experiences into a single platform. As one of the lead UX designers for the client's team, your role will be crucial in this endeavor. Your collaboration with the client team—which includes product managers, engineers, and other lead UX designers—will be instrumental in addressing complex challenges and ensuring consistency throughout this expansive team effort.
- Focus primarily on user experience design, including user journeys and wireframes. This project has a 90% emphasis on UX design and 10% on UI (visual) design.
- Synthesize and apply three years of user experience research conducted by our client.
- Redesign the training platform to enhance the user experience based on the research.
- Develop a prototype of the improved training experience by April, spotlighting well-defined user journeys.
- Collaborate with the client's UX team, ensuring that our designs align with their initiatives.
- Dedicate 20 hours per week to this project for an estimated 8–12 months.
You are a seasoned UX designer skilled at managing complex tasks and making impactful design recommendations. You've demonstrated expertise in handling large-scale enterprise projects and have the capacity to work independently while excelling in teamwork, especially when interacting with client teams. This freelance role requires a commitment of 20 hours per week for 8–12 months, pushing the boundaries of your design skills and offering an enriching challenge.
- Proven track record as a senior user experience designer.
- Experience in handling complex UX projects and solving intricate design problems.
- Portfolio demonstrating your design capabilities.
- Strong teamwork skills and adaptability to changing needs.
- Ability to function both independently and collaboratively as a vital part of our team.
This is a freelance position, not a full-time employment opportunity with Studio Malagón or the client's company. We seek independent contractors who can devote roughly 20 hours per week for the project's duration.