Illuminating the way — guiding our clients and design teams through projects, the project manager is an enabler of others — supporting the team, and ensuring they have what they need to deliver.
Project managers at MultiAdaptor combine facilitation, planning, process and people knowledge, with exceptional communication skills to hold an accurate status of the project at all times and drive it forward.
Why the job exists
The project manager is accountable for the day-to-day management of MultiAdaptor’s branding projects from the beginning to the end. Liaising closely with clients, teams and project collaborators.
The role is focused on five overarching responsibilities that we believe are critical for a project’s success. The extent of each responsibility varies throughout a project’s lifecycle and from project-to-project.
- Planning: Project set-up, sequencing, resourcing, future workflows
- Facilitating: Running effective meetings, accurately noting and tracking actions, guiding conversations
- Process: Following existing processes and clearly documenting emerging processes
- Communication: Succinct written comms, and collaborative verbal comms
- Fostering client relationships: Client happiness through responsiveness and clarity at every step
You’ll report to the Operations Director who will support you with career development and opportunities. You'll work closely with designers, strategists and senior members of the leadership team on multiple projects, big and small.
You should have the ability to confidently:
- Proactively facilitate discussion and idea generation, actively supporting the project team.
- Be ready — preparedness is key: thinking ahead, ready in advance for meetings, conversations and situations.
- Be able to hold to mind the immediate and future impact of decisions and flagging pitfalls.
- Listen with the intent to understand. Question what you don’t know or understand.
- Translate client ambitions into succinctly written project briefs.
- Breakdown complex projects into tasks and manage their delivery effectively.
- Hold the project status at all times, by keeping accurate project actions. You can concisely articulate a realistic and honest project status to both client and team.
- Manage budgets and scope effectively.
- Be a client expert who creates and fosters strong relationships.
- Champion the client’s perspective and their feedback when moving through projects.
- Create and manage processes effectively, keeping all project content in order.
- Prioritise tasks and effectively manage your own time and the time of those around you. Knowing exactly what needs to get done when, and by whom.
- Be an engaging communicator both in person and in writing who is acutely aware of who should know what, when.
- Problem solve collaboratively before issues arise — able to foresee potential blockers.
- Understand the design process, having some technical design and asset management knowledge.
- Multi-task: managing multi projects, project resource, timelines, and budgets.
- Liaise with suppliers and production teams as needed.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A growth-mindset, always looking to learn, listen to feedback and develop.
- A can-do attitude and willingness to collaborate on ‘how’ tasks are completed.
- A proactive and autonomous nature.
- A clear head, remaining calm under pressure, helping others to do the same.
- A personable nature: bringing the team and the client along for the journey, always with a positive energy, especially when things get tough!
- An action-orientated approach — making an impact by driving projects to completion through determination and rational decisions.
- A passion for detail and diligence, you’re the one who reads through and checks everything from sentence structure to file names, and makes sure everything is where it should be.
- Marries energy and enthusiasm with sensitivity and empathy, knowing how to get the best from others.
- 4+ years experience, predominantly in branding.
- Currently in a project management or producer role, at a reputable branding agency, looking for an opportunity to step-up and shine.
- Hands-on experience at every stage of a branding project lifecycle, from pitching and proposals, to brand strategy and asset delivery.